No matter where you are in Florida, certain things hold for every county. One of these things includes the way that arrest warrants function and the extent of their power. This is because the arrest warrant laws have been dictated by Florida and are even executed directly through their authority.
What is an arrest warrant?
A Lake County FL arrest warrant is an authorization for Lake County law enforcement officials to pursue and arrest the person indicated by the arrest warrant. Arrest warrants are created after a crime has been committed, a suspect identified, and evidence implicating that suspect has been presented in court in front of a judge or magistrate. If the judge/magistrate believes the evidence is adequate, they will authorize the arrest warrant, thereby granting law enforcement 48 hours to apprehend the suspect.
Regardless of their county of origin, Arrest warrants are valid statewide and can therefore be executed over county lines.
To look up arrest warrant records or active warrants, you have a few options. You can contact Lake County’s sheriff in person at 360 West Ruby Street, in Tavares, FL 32778. You can also consult a statewide wanted person database through the Florida Crime Information Center at http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/displayWantedPersonsSearch.a.
Alternatively, you can use the above search form to search through an online criminal records database instantly. If you have an active arrest warrant for Lake County, FL, contact a defense attorney immediately.
Is there any way to find information on Lake County arrests, warrants and criminal history over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- To report a crime (non-emergency only), use this dispatch phone number-352-343-2101.
- To submit an anonymous crime tip, connect with Sheriff’s Office on 800-423-8477 (TIPS).
- To know more about initiating a warrant search, call the Information Desk at 352-343-9500.
- For seeking a first or third-party criminal background check, call Public Records Custodian at (352) 343-9582 or (352) 343-9582.
- To get information on arrests made recently, call the Lake County Jail at 352 742-4000.
- For all inquiries about judicial records, hearing dates, and court dockets, call the Clerk of Court at 352-742-4100
Crime Statistics for Lake County, Florida
The 10% reduction in the rate of the annual crime rate of Lake County FL in 2019 meant that the actual number of incidents plunged from over 3100 cases in 2018 to less than 2700 in the following year. Of these cases, around 2230 were logged against property crimes and approximately 450 were filed against violent crimes.
In 2010, there were a total of 15,244 arrests, an increase of 20% from the year before. Lake County, FL, has a total population of 297,432 persons, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement statistics page.