What’s a warrant of arrest?
No matter where you are in the state of Florida, an arrest warrant is the same. A Jefferson County FL arrest warrant is an official, state-approved extension of authority that grants permission to local law enforcement personnel to arrest the person named on the warrant. Being placed under arrest or even have arrest warrants issued for you does not mean you are guilty of a crime.
How do arrest warrants come to be created?
All arrest warrants in Florida are created and executed according to the Florida state legislature’s guidelines. You can see the full process of the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure at floridabar.org.
After the police discover that a crime has been committed in Jefferson County, Florida, they believe they know who committed it. They appear in court before a judge. If the judge finds their evidence persuasive, he will authorize an arrest warrant for the suspect.
Where do I look to see if I have a Jefferson County arrest warrant?
An ideal place to start an arrest warrant search for Jefferson County is the Jefferson County FL Sheriffs Office, located at 171 Industrial Park in Monticello. Additionally, you can use the resources provided by the FDLE to look through a wanted person database at pas.fdle.state.fl.us.
Can you find arrest records and information on Jefferson County warrants over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- Connect with the local law enforcement agency if you want to file a non-emergency complaint. For this, call them at 850-997-2523.
- Ask about recent arrests by getting in touch with the Jail and Bookings Division at 850-997-5094.
- Access inmate records and other information pertaining to detainees, by contacting the Jefferson County Jail Operations at 850-997-0843.
- Learn more about requesting a criminal background check as well as arrest records and a warrant search by calling the agency at 850-997-1045.
- Inquire about the investigation of a crime in which you were victimized by contact the Investigation Division at 850-997-4369.
- Get to know more about accessing criminal case records by calling the Clerk of Court at 850-342-0218.
Crime Statistics for Jefferson County, Florida
The Sheriff’s Office of Jefferson County managed to bring down the annual crime total to less than 230 instances in 2019 from a high of nearly 300 cases in 2018. In fact, the property crime rate was pushed down by an impressive 25%, from 220 incidents in 2018 to less than 160 in 2019. The violent crime rate also decreased from approximately 80 incidents to around 70 cases over the two-year period.
What are other resources available for seeing criminal records and statistics in Jefferson County?
The FDLE provides a Criminal History Information search tool at web.fdle.state.fl.us, although this does cost money. Or you can use the above search form to search through an online criminal records database instantly.