Before starting an arrest warrant search for Brevard County, FL, there are a few things that you should understand first. The most important of these is precisely what an arrest warrant is. Essentially, an arrest warrant is an authorization to law enforcement officials that enables them to find and place under arrest a suspect named by the warrant. An arrest warrant is not an indication of guilt, although it often can lead to a criminal trial.
Although a Brevard County FL arrest warrant must be created and issued by law enforcement personnel and a Brevard County judge, it is considered valid on a statewide basis. This means that persons with an active Brevard County FL warrant can be arrested even over county lines. All arrest warrants must include the suspect’s name, the crimes that they are suspected of having committed, and must also bear the signature of the authorizing judge. You can read the full Florida arrest warrant statutes at floridabar.org.
If you would like to inquire about whether or not you have an active Brevard County FL arrest warrant, we advise getting into contact with the Brevard County Sheriffs Office. This can be done in person at 700 South Park Avenue in Titusville, FL. We advise utilizing their telephone service first, as you could be arrested for appearing in person.
What information pertaining to Brevard County warrants and arrest records can you find over the phone? (2021-data)
- To access a recent arrest report, use the phone number of the Brevard County Jail- (321) 690-1500, (321) 690-1501.
- To request non-emergency police service, call 321-633-7162 (Central Area), 321-264-5100 (North Area), 321-952-6371 (South Area).
- To file a police report, call the Communications Center at (321) 264-5100.
- To request arrest records and information on active warrants, connect with the police at 321-264-5214.
- To contact the detective who is handling your case, call the Investigation Division at (321) 633-1216.
- To look for criminal case records and court dockets, connect with the Clerk of Court’s Office at (321) 637-5413.
- To connect with Victim Services, call 321-633-8414.
Crime Statistics for Brevard County, Florida
Between 2018 and 2019, the annual crime total of Brevard County decreased by almost 10% to clock an incident rate of approximately 4080 complaints as compared to its high of over 4330 incidents.
Of the cases registered approximately 3550 were against property crimes while 540 were against violent crimes. The bulk of property crimes were attributed to larceny thefts (nearly 2600 cases) while cases of aggravated assaults led to the filing of the maximum number of violent crime cases at 426 incidents.
To perform a criminal records check for Brevard County, FL, you can use the Criminal History Information tool at web.fdle.state.fl.us. You can use the above search forms to search through an online criminal records database instantly.
You can also use the Florida Crime Information Centers Public Access System to scan through various wanted records at pas.fdle.state.fl.us.