Before we show you how to perform a Duval County FL warrants search, there are a few aspects of arrest warrants that you should understand.
The first is that arrest warrants function across the state, despite being issued through individual counties. Although Duval County FL’s police may not be authorized to cross county lines, individuals facing a Duval County arrest warrant can still be arrested in another county. It is very often best for persons facing an arrest warrant to surrender themselves as quickly as possible. However, because we are not authorized to give legal advice, it is essential to contact and retain a defense attorney’s services.
To search for Duval County arrest warrants, you will want to contact the Jacksonville Sheriffs Office. This can be accomplished in person at 501 East Bay Street, Jacksonville, FL. You can also view the webpage dedicated to the Jacksonville Sheriffs Office at coj.net.
There are many other recourses available to Duval County, FL citizens who would like to search for different criminal records. For a complete criminal history information check, you can use this form: web.fdle.state.fl.us. Please be aware that this type of search can incur a fee. A statewide wanted person search is also possible through the FDLE website at pas.fdle.state.fl.us. Or you can use the above search form to search through an online criminal records database instantly.
What information pertaining to Duval County warrants and arrest records can you find over the phone? (2021-data)
- Information on recent arrests is available at 904-630-5760.
- Inmate records and details about inmate facilities and visitation can be accessed at 904-630-7600.
- Requests for judicial records can be filed by calling the Clerk of Court at 904-255-2000.
- Police records such as an arrest report, incident report, a crash report can be requested by calling the agency at 904-630-2209.
- Details on active warrants can be sought by contacting the Fugitive Unit at 904-630-2180.
- Inquiries pertaining to a criminal investigation should be taken to the Investigations Unit at 904-630-2170.
- Information pertaining to crime prevention can be accessed by calling 904-630-2160.
- General information about the Sheriff’s Office and crime in the area can be accessed by calling the agency’s non-emergency phone number- 904-630-0500
Crime Statistics for Duval County, Florida
Duval County has long held the notoriety of being the murder capital of Florida. Unfortunately, despite the slight drop in the overall crime rates of the area, the police could do little to change that unsavory reputation.
While the overall crime rate fell by 1.6%, violent crimes continued to pose a challenge for residents and police officers alike. In fact, there was a marked rise in most categories of violent crimes. The number of reported murders increased by 17%, rapes by almost 5%, and aggravated assaults by nearly 13%. These incident categories contributed almost 4600 complaints to the annual crime average of Duval.
The total population of Duval County at the end of 2010 was 901,271. At the end of the year, there were a total of 45,591 arrests made—a decline of 12.3% from the prior year. A full Crime in Florida report for Duval County is available at fdle.state.fl.us.