During the year 2010, there were 6,659 arrests made, which was a decline of nearly 5% from 2009. However, not all of these arrests were the result of an arrest warrant. Many of them were made after police witnessed a crime directly and had sufficient cause to arrest the suspect immediately.
However, when a crime is committed, the police cannot respond quickly enough to see the suspect’s involvement. They must collect sufficient evidence to develop probable cause against an individual. Once they believe they have met this burden of proof, they can enter into a court and show their findings to a judge. Once this is done, an arrest warrant can be issued, which calls for the arrest of the suspect in St. Johns County, Florida. It is important to note that despite being filed in a specific county, arrest warrants in Florida are active statewide and can be executed over county lines.
If you would like to perform an active warrants search for St. Johns County, Florida, then your first best bet is to contact the St. Johns County Sheriffs Office. The address of their headquarters is 155 N. Saint Johns St., St. Augustine, FL.
Alternatively, you can utilize a couple of online services to search for St. Johns County arrest warrants. The first of these is provided by the FDLE and can show you all of the wanted suspects in Florida, and you can access it at http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/displayWantedPersonsSearch.a. Or you can use the above search form to search through an online criminal records database instantly.
How do you look up information on recent arrests and active warrants from St. Johns County over the phone? (2021-information)
- Information on recent arrests is available at 904-209-3125.
- Inmate search, jail visitation information, and bond payment details can be accessed by calling (904) 209-1443.
- General information from the Sheriff’s Office and over-the-phone crime reporting are available through the non-emergency phone number- 904-824-8304.
- Requests for judicial records can be filed by calling the Clerk of Court at 904-819-3600.
- Police records such as an arrest report, incident report, and crash report can be requested by calling 904-810-6610.
- Details on active warrants can be sought by contacting the Warrant Division at 904-209-1440.
- Problems with a record entry in the arrest records and warrants list can be sorted by calling the agency at (904) 810-6610.
Crime Statistics for St. Johns County, Florida
From a high of almost 2500 crimes in 2018, the average crime rate of St. John’s County plunged to 2385 incidents in 2019. Around 2100 complaints were filed against property crimes of which, 1660 were against larceny-theft, 300 were against burglary, and 150 were against car theft.
The violent crimes category, which had an annual average of 281 incidents, included 220 cases of aggravated assault, 24 of rape, and 32 of robbery.
If you would like to see more statistics for St. Johns County, you may do so at http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/FSAC/County-Profiles/St-Johns.aspx.