If you’re worried that you have an active arrest warrant in Okaloosa County, Florida, then you probably don’t have a lot of time to waste, so well, get right to the point.
You can find out several ways if there’s a warrant out for you in Okaloosa County, Florida. The first way, and the way most likely to found out for sure your warrant’s status, is to get into contact with the Okaloosa County Sheriffs Office. You can find their offices at 50 2nd Street, in Shalimar, Florida. This office also provides a list of their Wanted Persons at http://www.sheriff-okaloosa.org/resources/okaloosa-wanted-persons/.
You should be aware that you will probably be arrested if you appear at the sheriff’s office and have a warrant. Therefore, you may want to consider one of two online options. There’s a database of all of the wanted persons in Florida as provided by the Florida DLE, which you can find http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/displayWantedPersonsSearch.a, or you can use the above search form to search through an online criminal records database instantly.
Whether created in Okaloosa County or any other county, Arrest warrants are made by the same process. This process involves police forces appearing in a court of law, showing evidence against a suspect to a judge, and assuming that the judge finds the evidence substantial enough. He will sign and issue an arrest warrant. Despite being issued by Okaloosa County, an arrest warrant is considered valid in every county in the state, meaning that fleeing over county lines will not prevent an arrest.
If you discover that you have an active arrest warrant, then the first thing you should do is contact a defense attorney, as we cannot provide legal advice.
How do you get information on Okaloosa County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-update)
- For details on arrests made recently, call the Bookings Division of the local jail at 850 651-7430.
- For information on current inmates, call the Okaloosa County Department of Corrections at 850 689-5690.
- For filing a non-emergency complaint, call the Sheriff’s Office at 850 689-5705 (North Okaloosa) and 850 651-7400 (South Okaloosa)
- For information on arrest warrants, dial the phone number of the Warrants Division- 850 651-7432
- For police reports, including arrest records, accident reports, and criminal history records, contact the Records Division at 850 651-7434.
- For questions pertaining to criminal investigations, get in touch with the law enforcement office at 850 689-5659 (North) and 850 609-2000 (South).
- For general inquires, connect with the agency at 850 651-7410.
- For accessing judicial records, call the Office of the Clerk of Court at 850-689-5000.
Crime Statistics for Okaloosa County, Florida
In 2018, the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office handled around 3250 criminal complaints. However, by the end of 2019, the annual crime figures had been brought down to approximately 2900 incidents. Of the complaints filed in 2019, around 2400 were property-related while 500 cases were matters that involved crimes against persons.