Because having an active arrest warrant out in your name in Escambia County can bring many legal difficulties. It is essential to know how to look up and determine if you have an active warrant. However, before we show you how you can find out if you have an Escambia County arrest warrant in your name, there are a few things that you should first understand about Florida arrest warrant laws.
First, you should know that individual counties issue arrest warrants. This means that if you are the prime suspect in a crime committed in Escambia County, then a court within Escambia County will issue an arrest warrant for you. Despite being issued by Escambia County, all arrest warrants in Florida function on a statewide basis. What this means is that you can be arrested on an Escambia County warrant, even in another county.
The second thing is that an arrest warrant doesn’t mean an individual is guilty, just that the state of Florida wants to bring that individual to trial.
There are two different ways to find out if you have an active Escambia County arrest warrant. The first is by merely contacting the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, either in person at 1700 West Leonard Street, in Pensacola, FL, or by telephone at 850-436-9580. The second way is through the FDLEs Wanted Persons Search at pas.fdle.state.fl.us. However, this search function may not contain all active arrest warrants for Escambia County, so that the first option may be the best.
The FDLE also provides a tool that can fetch the criminal background of persons in Florida at web.fdle.state.fl.us. However, this can incur a small fee. Or you can use the above search form to search through an online criminal records database instantly.
How do you get information on Escambia County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2023-update)
- To initiate a warrant search or to report a wanted person, call the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 436-9620.
- To find out about recent arrests, dial 850-436-9863.
- To learn the procedure for accessing arrest records and/or initiating a local criminal background check, call the Criminal Records Section at 850-436-9501.
- To do an inmate search, call the Escambia County Main Jail at 850-436-9830.
- To search for judicial records, get in touch with the Clerk of Courts at 850-595-4310.
- To access an arrest report or incident report through the Pensacola Police Department, call the agency at 850-435-1900.
Crime Statistics for Escambia County, Florida
The decrease of around 4% in the overall crime rate of Escambia County between 2018 and 2019 was certainly not enough to quell the fears of residents who have long been at the receiving end of a soaring crime rate.
In 2019, the area witnessed the filing of approximately 8650 complaints, of which around 7200 were property crimes and 1450 were violent crimes.