If you’re looking to perform an Orange County, Florida arrest warrants search, several different options are available. Some of them are online, and some offline, which leaves the door open for how you feel you should proceed. This article will show you a few different places where you can find Orange County arrest warrants and explain how they function and what you should know about them.
To start an offline search for arrest warrants in Orange County arrest records, you will want to contact the Orange County Sheriffs Office. You can locate their physical address at 2500 West Colonial Drive, in Orlando, FL 32804. There are two options for looking up Orange County arrest warrants and arrest records. You can use the FDLE’s Wanted Persons Search tool http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/displayWantedPersonsSearch.a, or you can use the above search form to search through an online criminal records database instantly.
An arrest warrant is an authorization from Florida that will allow Orange County’s police to arrest an individual. They are created once evidence is presented to a judge and become authorized when the judge signs them. Once signed, police forces have 48 hours to apprehend the suspect. You can read the full legislation dealing with arrest warrants at http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0900-0999/0901/0901ContentsIndex.html&StatuteYear=2015&Title=-%3E2015-%3EChapter%20901.
If you discover that you or a loved one currently has an active arrest warrant, then you should contact a defense attorney as soon as possible.
How do you look up information on recent arrests and active warrants from Orange County over the phone? (2021-information)
- To access an arrest report, use the phone number of the Orange County Department of Corrections- 407-836-0321.
- To file a police report, call the non-emergency phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- 407-836-4357
- To request arrest records, connect with the police at 407- 254-7280
- To look for criminal case records and court dockets, connect with the Clerk of Court’s Office at 407-836-2000.
- To ask about arrest warrants, call the Criminal Process Section at (407) 836-4520.
- For seeking a first or third-party criminal background check, call the Records and Identification at 407-254-7000, option #4.
- To get information on arrests made recently, call the Corrections Division at (407) 836-3400.
- For all inquiries about judicial records, hearing dates and court dockets, call the Clerk of Court at 407-742-3500.
Crime Statistics for Orange County, Florida
From December 2018 to December 2019, the annual crime average of Orange County went from its peak of over 26,100 incidents to approximately 25,700 cases. The drop was entirely attributed to a reduction in cases of property crimes, which dipped from their 2018 annual average of 21,300 to 20,800 incidents in 2019. In contrast, the violent crime average increased from 4800 incidents to almost 4900 cases.
Between 2009 and 2010, the population of Orange County remained nearly identical at 1.1 million citizens. The total number of arrests made during this same period fell by almost 2%, down to 59,393 arrests.